Friday 27 November 2015

Undergoing God

A friend shared with me a reading from Richard Rohr which talks about how "... It's only the wise, broken ones who allow themselves to "undergo God" and willingly trust, "let go and let God"."

I am struck by the use of language of "undergoing" - you undergo an ordeal, surgery or a transformation. The description of God not as the beginning and end, nor as separate, nor even as an entity... but as a process... this moved deeply in me in ways that my mind couldn't comprehend.

My worldview shifted. I am not in a process of living a better life to be closer to God. God is the process.

There was never a time when I wasn't in process and that process was always God.

The unfolding process of creation is God. There is vector to God. God is going somewhere through me and I am going somewhere through God. There is no destination but an infinite deepening.

I have not failed.

I was never in control.

I couldn't have done anything differently - no need for regrets.

I can DO all I like but I don't need to - the organic flow unfurling into deeply resonant depths IS. I can BE that without doing anything.

The actions that arise from stillness is the God-process prompting me.

I feel so profoundly relaxed and relieved. Just to know I never failed and I cannot fail. I can only Be in the eternal unfolding of the presence of God-process.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment