Saturday 17 October 2015


15th October 2015 “The dwindling light of sunset in one sphere is the new hope of dawn in the next.”




Photo taken on 15th October 2015 at Butley Priory “Gazing at the ceiling”
Photo taken on 15th October 2015 at Butley Priory “Little dog, Big tree”

I was asked for clarity on the points I made yesterday. I love that; what did it mean? If I tell you what it means to me then that’s one thing but what does it mean to you?

It sounds depressing; that human life is a web of stories of brokenness. I don’t find it depressing; in fact I find it incredibly liberating to realize that my personal scripts of feelings of complete inadequacy and untouchability may be the reasons I feel so separate and alone but in fact unite me with my fellow humans; we all feel like that from time to time; it is the human condition. What does it mean to me as I ponder on Life and Creation at the beginning of these 9 months? It means I have to be prepared to accept that whatever is born through my creative endeavours: the metaphorical baby… is not going to be perfect. And nor will it make up for any feelings of imperfection that plague me in the dark corners of the night.

Today I heard the tale of Valhalla and that the ancients believed that upon death they crossed the ever distant horizon.  

I wonder to myself how many people would want a birthkeeper so comfortable with death as I am and yet I feel the two topics inseperable as the dwindling light of sunset in one sphere is the new hope of dawn in the next… and wait the night out long enough and that same dawn will come again in this.


Today we created together. 3 of us in a small studio, a little dog, an “abundance” candle. With no rehearsal nor preparation we just gave each other a nod and did it. An album in a day. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment